When it comes to making homemade beauty products, there is nothing better that using natural essential oils. Essential oils have a rejuvenating effect on the skin and they help enhance the scents of your products. Essential oils help you relax and they have numerous healing properties. You only need a few drops of your favorite essential oil to make your skin glow, bright and smooth.
There are recipes for body butter, face and body scrubs, hand moisturizers, lotions, soap bars, baby products, shaving creams, serums, and much more. It should be noted that you have to dilute pure essential oils with a base oil or lotion.
Here are most common essential oils for skincare.
1. Lavender essential oil possesses antibacterial and antiviral qualities that make it perfect for any type of skin. Further, lavender oil helps regenerate skin cells and tone the skin, especially mature skin.
Lavender oil can be helpful in treating headaches, emotional stress, and depression. Lavender oil is one of the best essential oils in the treatment of acne, too. It has antifungal properties so it is used to treat different inflammatory conditions such as acne, psoriasis, wrinkles, and so on.
2. Ginger essential oil relieves stress, dizziness, and anxiety. It’s strong oil, so use it sparingly.
Ginger oil helps relieve muscle pain and rheumatism, as well as fractures. Ginger oil is generally safe, but make sure not to use it in strong concentrations. Please do a skin patch test before using ginger oil, especially if you have sensitive skin.
3. Lemon essential oil is perfect for dull skin. Thanks to its antiseptic properties, lemon essential oil is often a key component in many homemade products.
4. Vanilla essential oil is used worldwide in homemade products for its refreshing scent. Vanilla oil has antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic and antidepressant properties. Lovely!
5. Sweet orange essential oil is commonly used in aromatherapy. If you can’t tolerate citrus essential oils, please avoid orange oil.
6. Carrot seed essential oil is anti-aging ingredient because it does wonders for mature skin and wrinkles. It also helps heal irritations, psoriasis, dermatitis, skin rashes, etc.
7. Sandalwood essential oil balances and maintains moisture in the skin. Further, sandalwood essential oil relieves body odor and it is high in antioxidants that can reduce damage caused by free radicals.
8. Chamomile essential oil makes your skin moisturized, smooth and clean.
9. Tea tree essential oil has antiviral and antifungal properties. It reduces acne and dark spots, as well as other blemishes. Tea tree oil is wonderful for dry skin, rashes and skin irritations.
10. Peppermint essential oil makes your skin brighter, prevents acne and heals acne scars. It can be used for facial scrubs, masks, and toners.You may also like:
- 3 Healthy Anti-Aging Skin Care Tips for Youthful Radiance
- Top 10 Skin Care Tips for a Radiant Complexion
- Hair Replacement – 10 Useful Tips for a Confident Decision
- Do Not Let Stretch Marks Invade Your Body
- 5 Major Tips To Improved Skin Care
- Skin Care Tips to Avoid Developing Wrinkles
- Skin Fissures – Understanding Causes and Effective Treatments
- Top 10 Tips for Achieving Radiant Skin
- A Guide to Identifying Your Skin Type
- Subclinical Acne: Treatment Options, Prevention and More