Insomnia is one of the biggest lifestyle issues we are witnessing amongst people of all ages. To define sleep insomnia, one can say that it is the inability of sleeping at night. For many individuals, insomnia is temporary and is only problematic for an acute period of time but for some, it is a problem that lasts longer than a week or a month.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder that has a significant impact on an individual’s personal and professional life because it causes fatigue, restlessness, and a lack of focus on any work or task done by them. Insomnia also causes anxiety and depression, wreaking havoc on a person’s mental health. People suffering from insomnia, fortunately, can combat their condition, treat insomnia, and maintain a healthy sleeping pattern by experimenting with some of the effective tricks and hacks listed below.
- Identifying the real cause-Initially, one should try tracking the real cause of their insomnia, many times it’s their day-to-day habit that can lead to a lack of sleepiness or introducing a new habit or even certain deficiency like magnesium or calcium. Taking supplements of these nutrients can be really effective.
- Reduce your caffeine intake-Caffeine is another big reason for losing sleep, caffeine disrupts the sleep cycle and makes it difficult for a person to fall asleep. Cutting down on caffeine or consuming it during day hours can help a person get a decent sleep at night.
- Nourishing your hair with oil– Oiling your hair and giving it a deep and nourishing massage can really help one fall asleep and lose stress. Oiling your hair with lavender oil or tea tree oil can really help as it stimulates the circulation of blood to the scalp, and helps in relaxing the head muscles, releasing the tension out of your mind and giving you a sound sleep.
- Herbal insomnia treatment- Another tip that works great to fight insomnia is, drinking chamomile tea. It is usually preferred to be taken at night after dinner, chamomile tea is an herbal remedy, which reduces inflammation and relaxes the body, and induces sleep.
- Do some physical work- There are days when we do little work and feel lazy, and fatigue takes over our bodies, making us sleepy and drowsy. However, falling asleep can be difficult, which could be due to a lack of physical activity. Because locomotion is a functional requirement for humans, inducing some kind of physical work and introducing exercise can improve an individual’s sleep quality.
- Regular meditation- Meditation really helps in reducing stress and anxiety and enhances the mood of an individual, through meditation one even increases their levels of immunity and induces sleep or improves the quality of sleep.
A positive change in your lifestyle can help you sleep better. Sleeping at night is crucial; otherwise, there will be consequences. Keeping a sleep journal may assist you in identifying any factors that are causing your insomnia. The tips listed above will assist you in treating insomnia.